Join Daniel Tiger and his friends for
Premiering Labor Day — Monday, September 2, 2013
This Labor Day is Neighbor Day on WSRE’s PBS KIDS! On Monday, September 2, Daniel Tiger starts off a series of good deeds in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe, showing that even one kind action can spark many more.
Make sure to watch! Monday, September 2 @ 10 a.m.
and Download a fun neighborhood scavenger hunt below.
Also access apps, shows and music from iTunes below.
Here are some idea starters to help you in your neighborly good deeds:
Get To Know Your Neighborhood (and Neighbors) Better
- Neighborhood scavenger hunt - DOWNLOAD PDF
- Have a neighborhood game day: fly kites, play hopscotch, jump rope
- Create a neighborhood time capsule
- Have a potluck at a park or central location
- Have a sidewalk chalk art contest
- Arrange a neighborhood book swap/swap meet
Be A Good Neighbor
- Have a neighborhood clean-up day – pick up litter, pull weeds, etc. – around the neighborhood or in a local park
- Help each other with yard work or planting flowers or making small repairs
- Volunteer to help at your local animal shelter or soup kitchen