WSRE Announces New Board Leadership and Directors
Pensacola, Fla. — WSRE, PBS for the Gulf Coast, announced its new foundation board leadership and new directors, who will serve during the 2013-2014 year, at its annual meeting on July17, 2013; Sandy Sims, Gulf Power Company, will serve another terms as Chair of the foundation; Michael Johnson, State Farm Insurance, is the new Vice-Chair; and Stephen Holman, attorney, is the new Secretary of the foundation. New directors include the following:
- Gerald W. Adcox Jr. – A graduate of the University of West Florida, Gerald is a seasoned financial executive with 35 years of experience in mergers and acquisitions holding licenses in mortgage brokering and real estate. He currently owns luxury car dealership Adcox Imports and is a Certified Collector Car Appraiser. He has an extensive record of charitable service and is currently serving as the Chairman of Pensacola Habitat for Humanity.
- Tracy Andrews – Tracy is from Northern Virginia and relocated from Navy Federal Headquarters seven years ago. She has held a variety of management positions at Navy Federal and is currently the Assistant Vice President for Pensacola Consumer/Credit Card Lending Operations. A graduate of a graduate of Longwood University, Tracey has completed Executive Development Education through the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia. She is married to John and is an avid viewer of public television.
- Rick Lambert – Rick is a Financial Advisor with Edward Jones Investments where he holds the Certified Financial Planner® designation. A graduate of the University of Maryland and Florida State University, Rick is an active member of the community having served as Past President of the Pensacola Suburban West Rotary Club and the Historic Port of Pensacola Propeller Club. He is married to Suki Lambert and has two adult children.
- Peg Nickelsen – Originally from Chicago, Peg has spent more than half her life in Pensacola. Her educational background includes studying at Loyola University in Chicago and the University of West Florida. She holds two masters degrees and works as a licensed mental health counselor in private practice for Gulf Breeze United Methodist Church. As a pro bono therapist, she works primarily with inmates – specifically women and male veterans. Peg previously served as the Chair of the WSRE Foundation, as well as on many other community boards such as Autism Pensacola, Red Cross and Pathways for Change. She is married to Eric Nickelsen.
- Mallory Studer – Mallory lives in Pensacola, works for the Studer Group and is daughter to local community activists, Quint and Rishy Studer. Studer has volunteered with community organizations Take Stock in Children and Autism Pensacola. She is also a member of IMPACT 100 and is the President of her family’s charitable foundation.
- Tiffany Washington – Tiffany is a native Pensacolian and graduate of the University of West Florida and Troy University. She is a certified county and commercial mediator and a graduate of Leadership Pensacola Class of 2008. Tiffany serves on many community boards and volunteers her time in organizations near and dear to her.
A full list of the new and returning WSRE TV Foundation, Inc. Board officers and members can be found here.
The WSRE TV Foundation, Inc. was established in 1991 as a direct support organization of Pensacola State College to support the activities and capital and operating needs of WSRE, the area’s local public broadcasting TV station.
About WSRE, PBS for the Gulf Coast
WSRE is a PBS member station that is locally owned and licensed to the Pensacola State College Board of Trustees operating as a service of Pensacola State College. The public broadcasting station has been serving the needs of the Gulf Coast community through programming, educational services and outreach since 1967. WSRE produces, acquires and distributes programs that address local interests and reflect the diverse cultural, political, geographic and demographic characteristics of its audience. The Educational Services unit for WSRE serves as the connection to teachers, parents, caregivers and children to extend the rich resources found in public television. For more information about WSRE, its services, programs or available resources, visit wsre.org.
Media Note: For graphics, pictures, and other associated press releases visit WSRE's Pressroom at http://www.wsre.org/pressroom.